Friday, February 26, 2010

Anything tastes good on a pizza as long as it's Italian.

So my stash of frozen dumplings lasted a day. Everyone else liked them as much as I did, it seems.

Dinners!
Tuesday: French onion soup, made from the stuffed onions' previous innards. Very tasty, quite rich.
Wednesday: broccoli galettes! One was broccoli with peanut sauce, one was broccoli with balsamic vinegar and marsala wine.
Thursday: Family burrito night. I chose to flout tradition and had a quesadilla.
Friday: Pizzas! Two delicious pizzas, one Santa Margarita pizza (Santa Margherita? How IS that spelled?) and one eggplant, mushroom, tomato, basil, and sausage pizza. Oh, that one was good. The eggplant and mushroom were browned in olive oil and simmered in marsala wine before being added to the pizza, and then I sprinkled it with a couple dashes of balsamic vinegar and some Herbes de Provence and it was so tasty. I might have liked it better without the sausage, but we needed at least one pizza with protein.

I have also called many many places and set up approximately a zillion doctors' and dentist's appointments, for me and my mother, which I shall be attending over the next couple of weeks so they can tell me what's wrong with my stomach that makes me barf sometimes, whether I have any cancerous or pre-cancerous blemishes, what I can do about the pain in my chest cartilage, whether I have cavities or not, and how my mole removal scars are doing. I also got a little wart freezy thing for the wart I discovered on my foot between my toes. Ig. The last time I had a plantar's wart, it was painful, and I went to a podiatrist to get it cut out, and then I had a hole in the bottom of my foot that hurt, and I was on crutches. And then it GREW BACK, and so I used a $20 drugstore freezy kit as a last-ditch effort and it worked. So this time I'm skipping the expensive Dr. Sadist and going straight to the freeze-in-a-tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment