Monday, February 22, 2010

I mean, they have eggs in China, right?

Yesterday's dinner was super tasty! I made Sturdy's lamb-stuffed onions, and they were a wild success! We have a lot of ground lamb in the freezer, so I anticipate experimenting extensively now that I have so much to work with.

Today was mostly an errands day. I transferred my prescription for birth control back to our local pharmacy, made grocery lists, wrote the first draft of an angry letter to the website that sold me my boots because the sole BROKE after only a MONTH AND A HALF of periodic wearing. RRRRRG. The thing is, I really like the shoes! I don't want my money back, I just want my boots not to be broken. So I'm going to get them resoled or something. I guess, best-case-scenario, the company makes grandiose apologies and gives me either a new pair of the boots or the money for the resoling. So that's what I'm hoping for.

Tonight's dinner: a FANTASTIC batch of made-up potstickers/gyoza/vaguely Asian pork dumplings! Oh god. They were utterly delicious. And I'm super proud because I made the little wonton wrappers myself too, instead of buying them. I just futzed around with a homemade pasta recipe, figuring there weren't any ingredients in it that they didn't have in China, so somebody Chinese had probably made it before. It was perfect, yay me! It rolled out just right AND I ran out of little wrappers at the exact time I ran out of meat filling! We now have a tidy little stash of frozen potstickers just waiting to be my midnight snack. Mmm.

I have put together a possible appetizer menu for my sister's photography event, which will be held some weeks hence in the middle of the day. This is the second draft of the menu, drawn up in collaboration with my sister.

savory:
sundried tomato stuffed mushrooms
maybe bruschetta
curried carrot cream cheese spread, and crackers
bacon-wrapped dates
a cheese plate with tasty local cheeses, nuts, apple slices, and grapes.
and either sausage rolls OR Indian lamb meatballs with herbed yogurt

sweet:
double chocolate world peace cookies
lime meltaway shortbread bites
macarons
cheesecake squares
(macarons and cheesecake will be raspberry and coffee flavored, but not sure which will be which)

And the best punch ever, made from ginger ale, cranberry juice, and pineapple juice, with scoops of sherbet floating in it. Delicious.

I think about food too much. It's all I do these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment