Saturday, March 6, 2010

I'm a bit too affected by certain TV shows.

My pasta carbonara was tasty. Yay!

The next night's spaghetti squash with ground turkey and tomato sauce was also tasty. Huzzah!

The next night's burritos were predictably tasty. Cheers!

The next night, both parents were out of the picture (they traveled away for a 21st anniversary getaway) so I made cauliflower soup with bacon. It was tasty. Whee!

And tonight was dumplings again. Tasty tasty. Wahoo!

I am feeling rather wildly successful with what I have chosen to cook these days. So, in this mood, I am going to tackle a fear: gelatin. I am making panna cotta tomorrow. Just watch. I even bought little ramekins at Goodwill today to mold it. And I'll make a little blueberry sauce to go with it. I anticipate tastiness ahead.

Oh yeah! My sister and I went shopping today! Super fun. I got some shirts, a scarf, a bag (I really needed one that wasn't ripped canvas from Hot Topic), a $2 wiggly butterfly ring, which got me a compliment and then got completely bent out of shape, the aforementioned ramekins, and a pretty teacup to go with my recently received Moste Excellent Elephant Teapot, Whom I Have Named Elwood.

The rest of my money goes to Italy, though. Honest. Well, that and bills.

On Wednesday, a neighbor of ours called me and asked if I could watch/tutor/supervise her kid in the mornings. He's homeschooled like I was, and she just wanted me to supervise his scholarly pursuits so that she could do other things in that time. I of course said YES I WILL and so Thursday and Friday mornings were spent watching Theo, an adorable and endearing and intelligent youth. Also they have chickens, so I get to collect eggs, which is way fun. I need some chickens of my own, clearly. And I make monies, which is how I was able to go shopping this weekend.

Also on Wednesday (and a bit on Thursday), I made my doctors' appointments. I was informed that my chest pains are caused by inflamed cartilage between my ribs (which I sort of knew because that's what my dad told me his were), that my boob-mole removal scar had turned keloid on me, that I'm pretty healthy, that I have a funky mole on my side that needs to get gone, and that my periodic barfy thing is probably a GASTRIC MIGRAINE, and did you even know those existed? I totally didn't. But it makes sense; my sister and my mother both get regular migraines. Why shouldn't I get the vomitous one?

Anyhow, tomorrow I go to church, read at church, and make macarons and panna cotta, because Sunday is the day I am allowed to break the Lenten fast and I intend to make the most of my free reign. Refined sugar, into mah belly!

No comments:

Post a Comment